For Singaporeans, HDB refers to Housing and Development Board. When used in normal conversions among the people of Singapore, then the term refers to public housing provided by the housing agency to the general population.
Most people in the country have become homeowners because of HDB. However many of these people will usually renovate their homes because they want to make them unique. Renovation costs money. The average cost of renovation for a three-bed roomed home is about $15000 while that of a four bed roomed home is about $18000.
One of the major costs when it comes to renovation is of flooring. Since floors undergo a lot of wear and tear, it makes sense for most Singaporeans to change the floors to something that will make financial sense. That is where laminate flooring comes in.
Why Laminate Floors?
Laminate floors are a great option for any smart homeowner. These floors are artificial renditions of images of wooden, stone, and ceramic floors. This European product has become popular all over the world for its convenience. Singaporeans have not been left behind either.
Laminate flooring is not only easy to install, but it is also versatile. Instead of having to source for different flooring materials, all you have to do is get laminate floors with the designs that you want. In addition, this material is easy to clean and maintain.
Cost of Installing Laminate Floors for HDB
Different homeowners residing in HDB will incur different costs when it comes to the installation of the laminate floors in their homes. This is because there are different sets of circumstances that result in the difference in costs of this nature.
It is important for every Singaporean looking to install versatile floors of this nature to be aware of the factors that affect the cost of installation for laminate flooring.
· Public housing in Singapore varies in size. A bigger home will have a larger surface area that needs to be covered in laminate. This in turn means that one would have to incur more costs because a larger amount of materials would need to be purchased.
· A one-bed roomed home would therefore cost more when it comes to installing laminate floors than its four bed roomed counterpart.
· In order for a homeowner to get an accurate estimate for the flooring services, it is always a good idea for one to select a company that offers onsite measurements. That way, he or she does will know for sure the amount of laminate floor that is require for installation.
Initial Consultation Services
· Some Singaporean companies that sell and install laminate floors tend to charge money for consultation services. Others do not.
· Consultation services usually include onsite measurements and quotations. Since these are services that are given prior to having laminate floors installed, they are usually included as part of installation services.
· For homeowners in Singapore to cut down on unnecessary consultation services, a company that provides free onsite measurements would be the best choice. Free quotations of expected costs of services would also come in handy. That way, one gets an idea of how much money will need to be spent without feeling obligated to pay for them.
· Some companies charge more for installation of laminate flooring while others charge less. The selection of a company will therefore determine the costs of installation.
· It is important that the company selected has a license and experienced flooring professionals. This way, one can expected to get good services. In addition, the company should be reputable and reliable.
· The more professional a company is, the less likely it is to mess up a flooring project, which may end up raising the overall installation costs.
Quality of Flooring
· Laminate floors are usually of high quality with most of the expected to last up to 20 years. The higher the quality of the flooring, the higher the installation costs. These costs are usually affected by the kind of material purchased though.
· Companies that charge very low prices to install laminate floors may not be trustworthy. This is because the quality of material used for flooring may be very low because the manufacturer took shortcuts in the production process.
· Low quality floors of a laminate nature would be costly in the end. This is because they would have to be replaced repeatedly, which in turn will cost a Singaporean homeowner more.
It is therefore evident that several factors will affect the costs of installing laminate floors for HDB. Smart homeowners in Singapore need to ensure they are getting the best value for the money regardless.